sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Mini Talks and Demos (was: Location)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Robert Figura <rfigura AT aubergine.zwischengesicht.de>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Mini Talks and Demos (was: Location)
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 17:41:45 +0200

"Mathieu Lonjaret" <lejatorn AT smgl.homelinux.net> schrieb:

> just a suggestion for a talk that occured to me last night: we could do
> some sort of lightning talks to present real quick howtos under the form of
> a live demo. For example, one could show from A to Z how to make your first
> spell (without quill, as the point is to teach something): create your own
> grimoire, create the necessary files (or simply cp an existing spell, as I
> usually do), edit DETAILS and others if required, test cast, etc..
>
> I think the ease for one to quickly bake a new spell when it's not yet in
> our grimoires is one of the very strong points of smgl, as you can
> sometimes be in an urgent need for a specific program, so I'd really
> emphasize on that from a PR pov.
>
> I'm ok to give that one short talk if I decide to come (and if you think
> that's a good idea).

I like the idea of mini talks! More variety in the presentation,
most likely a better focus of both - referee and audience, less urge to
be restricted by a big covering frame, less redundant introductions and,
most important, more geeky.

Kind Regards,
Robert Figura

P.S.: A life demonstration should be tested before the presentation ;^)

--
I=1702;float O,o,i;main(l){for(;I--;putchar("oO .,m>cot.bitamea\
@urigrf <raguFit erobR"[I%74?I>837&874>I?I^833:l%5:5]))for(O=o=l=