sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] European Meeting 17th-24th August: Need feedback

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] European Meeting 17th-24th August: Need feedback
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 00:06:13 +0200

Am Tue, 8 Jul 2008 23:53:51 +0200
schrieb Robert Figura <rfigura AT aubergine.zwischengesicht.de>:

> If i haven't missed anything we will have 1 (one) talk.

Yeah, it's lonely up there where the brave stand-up people live.

> As i said we have the opportunity to reserve a lecture room for public
> talks but i'd rather not ask for something we are not going to need.

Ah, this would be such a nice opportunity to make us known... but then, one
also has to ask:
How important is it for us to widen the Circle of Mages?
Could be that we're not after the newbie (hackers from universtity, even)
crowd after all?

> Whatever the decistion will be, we will have to decide this soon. At the
> end of the week i will need to know wether we would like to have a
> lecture room or not.
>
> I really think public talks would be nice.
> - to meet people
> - for our publicity
> - to have on video

Sure. But who stands up? On a very small and informal scale, I'm going to
give a little SMGL introduction at our local LUG (we're trying to setup a
distro-bash evening).
Though I'm not yet sure how I'll manage that (and there's real competition in
form of the

> If you do not feel competent just get in touch with other developers on
> irc, i'm sure everbody would like to *help* someone writing up a talk...
> But hey, this is a community and we all decide together.

Hm, when someone prepares a talk for me, I think I could handle giving it;-)
My main concern is my general overload with things to prepare...

Meanwhile... preparation... do we have some recommendation for accomodation?

Alrighty then,

Thomas.