sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Testing of devel ISO 20080322

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arjan Bouter <abouter AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Testing of devel ISO 20080322
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 11:35:53 +0200

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 10:04:16AM +0200, Remko van der Vossen wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 09:50:36AM +0200, Mathieu L. wrote:
> > links != lynx
> > altough it doesn't matter which one is included as long as it can do
> > https. If w3m can then so be it.
>
> I don't think it matters much which is included, but if w3m is chosen I
> think it would be wise to default to the lynxlike keybindings instead of
> the w3m ones, that's what most people are comfortable with.
>
> btw, I'm talking links-twibright when I say links.
>
> All of these can do https when compiled with support btw, so there's no
> issue there. Both links and w3m do frames, links also does javascript.
> Both w3m and links could do framebuffer graphics, but that's probably a
> bit too much for the iso, at least for now.
>
> Remko.

Personally I'd go for links-twibright, but that's probably because I use
it a lot ;)
But I agree with Remko, either one would be good.

May I suggest to have it open with a page explaining the used
keybindings? That would help out people who have never used it before
and take only a tiny amount of space, compared to including the
documentation. Just the basic and often used keys would be enough.

Arjan

--
+=======
Source Mage GNU/Linux developer,