sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Testing of devel ISO 20080322

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Bertrand Juglas" <b AT juglas.name>
  • To: "Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik" <ruskie AT codemages.net>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Testing of devel ISO 20080322
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 23:46:48 +0200

For beginning users, VMware is downloadable for Windows and Linux
without paying nothing and without complex instructions. I don't know
yet how to export/import using VirtualBox but before KVM my prefered
format was VirtualBox for its simplicity of install, configure and
use.
I'm running VMware Workstation 6.0.3 on my corporate laptop and KVM on
my personal laptop where i was running VirtualBox before KVM.
Qemu and KVM are the same image format so there is no difference of image
file.
If i manage to export my VirtualBox VM, i will try to add it to the
proposed images.
What would you think about that ?
Everybody are against vmware images ?
vmware community is huge and publishing a vmware image could be a good
point for letting vmware users know about sourcemage.
Should i mention i'm already a VCP which means VMware Certified Profesional.
Waiting for your comments,
Bertux