sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Testing of devel ISO 20080322

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Testing of devel ISO 20080322
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 14:12:39 -0700

On Thursday 10 April 2008 14:03:34 flux wrote:
<snip>
> In addition to ssh not being provided on the ISO, there are no IRC
> clients nor web browsers. Are you also suggesting we provide these on
> the ISO? Aside from having a minimal web browser for viewing html
> documentation, I do not consider this necessary at all. It might be
> helpful at a later time as an enhancement for people to get help with
> installing the ISO while they are in the ISO, but I'd rather make the
> ISO work well enough that no one would need that functionality first.

Well, the SSH and NFS clients are certainly useful, especially if you have
other SMGL boxes already up or the sources downloaded to a server (e.g. for
limited bandwidth at home).

The IRC is handy, a few users have even used it, but I could certainly wait
on
that one. :)

-sandalle

http://eric.sandall.us/ | http://counter.li.org/ #196285