sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Testing of devel ISO 20080322

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: flux <flux AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Testing of devel ISO 20080322
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 22:13:25 -0400

Mathieu L. (lejatorn AT smgl.homelinux.net) wrote [08.04.10 19:00]:
> Please make sure that this minimal web browser is not too minimalistic
> and can do https (links can if compiled correctly afair). I recall the
> time when I started with smgl I was living in a student housing and one
> needed to authenticate on an https page to be able to reach the outside
> web. I reported that and I think sandalle was the one at the time who
> added the necessary stuff to the iso. :)
> I personally don't need it anymore, but removing that would be a step
> backwards imo.
>
> Cheers,
> Mathieu

That's a good point. I'll make sure to include an https:// capable
text-browser for that. I personally prefer w3m, but I suppose I should
go with lynx since more people will know that one/be comfortable with
it. I'll check to make sure it can do https first, but I'm pretty sure
it can, if compiled to.

--
Justin "flux" Boffemmyer
Cauldron wizard and general mage