sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Testing of devel ISO 20080322

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Testing of devel ISO 20080322
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 22:41:49 +0200

Am Thu, 10 Apr 2008 15:53:24 -0400
schrieb flux <flux AT sourcemage.org>:

> I haven't heard many reports about the most recent devel ISO.

Well, I repeat my suggestion to include openssh ... and remember trouble
setting up network (dhcpcd couldn't create a directory in /var/run).
Openssh and NFS mounts are important means to get stuff or information to the
box at hand.
It can always be that we need to get some stuff before booting into the
installed system.
I don't talk of ssh or NFS server, only client.

I know that the ISO is mainly about getting a chroot untarred, but minimal
console live-cd capabilities (shell, ssh, IRC, web browser) are just too
useful to omit, IMHO.
As long as we carry source tarballs around, ISO size is no compelling reason
to omit these few MB.

Alrighty then,

Thomas.