sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Let's make Source Mage not suck!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Let's make Source Mage not suck!
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 13:47:38 -0600

On Jan 05, Andrew [afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com] wrote:
> Another idea I just had is that maybe the organizer of the release should
> rotate amongst the leads. The organizers role being to make sure things
> get done. They dont for example have to actually create/sign/upload
> the tarballs, but they should make sure that it happens in a timely
> manner. I'll do this one of course. I think there are advantages in
> rotating the responsibility, more people know directly how things ought to
> work, no one gets burned out, and its in the spirit of the "lead-team"
> idea.

I've had this thought as well but was going to watch how this one went a
bit before suggesting it. Other distros use this approach to their
advantage; coordinating releases can be a big deal and it seems to help to
let people take turns, both to avoid burnout and to avoid just one person
knowing all the details of how it has to happen.