sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Let's make Source Mage not suck!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Juuso Alasuutari <iuso AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Let's make Source Mage not suck!
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 09:52:44 +0000

On Friday 05 January 2007 09:23, Thomas Orgis wrote:
<snip>
> Then, let's get that stable-0.6 out and start the next cycle with a
> real schedule that is fulfilled (a month, two?).

So what would the optimal release interval be for us?

We should agree on a time table and really stick to it. We should know in
advance when the next release will happen, and the one after that, and when
the second release in 2009 happens. I don't mean automatically generating a
tarball even if a major fix is in mid-commit, but you get the idea. I don't
believe in forcing people, but having a set deadline is different. At least
for me it's a good motivator, I don't know how others feel.

Would a 4-month cycle be good, for example Feb/Jun/Oct? We should calibrate
the schedule to avoid releases immediately after any holiday seasons, because
it would be difficult to make last-minute fixes.

--
Juuso Alasuutari
[[ Source Mage GNU/Linux ]]