sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Missing developers

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Missing developers
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 13:23:02 -0600

On Jan 05, seth AT swoolley.homeip.net [seth AT swoolley.homeip.net] wrote:
> There is no documentation for how to do an integration, nor
> documentation on how to cherry-pick files, nor documentation on how to
> use whatever merge tool people are using.
>
> I told the git supporters that they'd have to have that before I went
> back to committing anything. No process should be done unless it's
> documented. That we've gone seven months without anybody volunteering
> to write a script to handle the old perforce integrations we used to do
> is mind-blowing to me.

We have critical basesystem bugs older than that, and have been needing
updated Guru Handbook style docs for much longer than that, and *this* is
what you find mind-blowing? Obviously there's work to do on it but I'd
expect any number of things to get done before we write many more of our
own git docs given that the majority of people seem to have figured it out
and are using it productively. Sorry.