sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] process for getting bugfixes and security updates into stable grimoire

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: seth AT swoolley.homeip.net
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] process for getting bugfixes and security updates into stable grimoire
  • Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 16:53:14 -0700

On Sat, May 06, 2006 at 04:59:53PM -0500, Jeremy Blosser (emrys) wrote:

> We would all like to see stable-rc promoted to stable more often. Progress
> is being made on this; now that prometheus is running again we have a good
> idea what bugs need to be fixed to make stable-rc stable. Arwed and Seth,
> can you possibly provide a time line you're targetting for stable 0.4?

I was giving the developers some time to fix the onslought of bugs
before I close stable-rc for random updates and start running prometheus
on the entire set. Plus I need to make some more updates to prometheus
to bring down the number of duped bugs.

I'm planning on closing stable-rc on the 19th[1], prometheus running on the
20th through the 28th[2]. June 2[3] to get emergency fixes in by and
spot-testing done. Release on June 3 (or 4 if we need more of the weekend).

The isos using this grimoire should be undergoing testing in the meanwhile
and should be ready the first week of June.

May 2006
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
**
7 8 9 10 11 12 13

14 15 16 17 18 19 20
[1]
21 22 23 24 25 26 27

28 29 30 31 J1 J2 J3
[2] [3]**

Of course, this is a sketch right now of a way it could work. Depending on
how the teams are, we can fudge this around.

Seth