sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] process for getting bugfixes and security updates into stable grimoire

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Flavien Bridault <vlaaad AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] process for getting bugfixes and security updates into stable grimoire
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 16:56:47 +0200

Le samedi 06 mai 2006 à 16:06 -0700, Andrew a écrit :
> On Sun, May 07, 2006 at 12:00:51AM +0200, Flavien Bridault wrote:
> >
> > Thank you for your answer, this is more or less what I thought. I rather
> > agree with that, but the only point that scares me is that it seems a
> > *huge* work to do for few people ! Say if I'm wrong, but only Eric,
> > Arwed and you have such an access to stable-rc/stable ? Eric and Arwed
> > already have a lot of work with their PL/TL work and all the hard work
> > they do in devel/test. I wonder if this is not dangerous at some point
> > to only rely on three developers, and exclude all the others.
>
> There are other people with access to stable-rc/stable. Its not just
> the gatekeepers of stable that can have access, the distinction is
> that gatekeepers say what can and cannot go in. Once they say it can go
> in, anyone (with access) can execute that command. More to the point,
> there can be a sub-team of gurus that help with the mechanics of
> stable/stable-rc, while a few experienced people stay gatekeepers. The
> stable-release sub-team isn't exclusive to Eric Arwed and Seth either. I
> think the main requirement is having the necessary scm skills.

Currently I have tons of bugs from promotheus, I try to fix them while
they arrive. But the list becomes to be a real mess. I can't see
directly what is fixed and not fixed, since we only have NEW, ASSIGNED
and FIXED... All the fixes are allowed to be integrated in stable-rc (so
marked ASSIGNED as well as not-fixed bugs I'm taking care) but none have
been integrated in stable-rc ! Some bugs have been fixed several weeks
ago. So that's why I primarily thought Eric, Arwed and Seth need some
help to perform those tasks.
So, I don't know if I have the necessary scm skills, but I'm sure I can
learn... Could I candidate to be part of this sub-team ? Of course I
would not be offended if you think I'm not good enough or whatever
else... ;-)

--
Flavien Bridault

Disk, Graphics, Graphics-libs sections Guru
Source Mage GNU/Linux - http://www.sourcemage.org

irc: vlaaad
jabber: vlaaad AT amessage.be