sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Voting process amendment

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: SM Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Voting process amendment
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 12:22:28 -0500

All,

I object because I'm not planning on getting GPG key anytime soon. If I needed it for other things I would get it, but having it only for SMGL election is kind of too much too ask. If everyone else feels different, I'm willing to reconsider.
Thanks,

Sergey.

Eric Sandall wrote:

Now that the vote is finished I'd like to propose an amendment to our
voting rules[0].

I would like to add a clause specifying that a (valid ;)) GPG signed
e-mail is required for all vote-/nomination-related e-mails. I was
thinking of only requiring this for votes, but then thought that
nominations also require nominations, acceptance, and a second, which
we'd also want to verify, and then you may also want the nomination
and vote requests themselves signed along with the results, just in
case an imposter me comes along. ;)

All 'valid' keys are those listed on:
http://www.sourcemage.org/keysigning (which I'll be moving from
http://wiki.sourcemage.org/smgl-keysigning since we don't want just