sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] How to handle multi-version spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Andrew \"ruskie\" Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] How to handle multi-version spells
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 21:12:28 +0200

> > VERSION=$(date +%Y%m%d) should be set both if auto-update is
> > wanted or not.
>
> This could only work if FORCE_DOWNLOAD is off for the non-auto update ones
> of course, but even then wouldn't this cause the non-auto update ones to
> think they have a new version each day they come up in a cast, then just
> recast the exact sources they already have?

IMHO NO(I feel very strongly about this) I don't like to use some random thing
to set a version. I prefer for the VERSION=[whatever_scm_it_uses] approach
for non automatic(i.e. VERSION=cvs, VERSION=svn and so on).

Who came up with the idea for using date for both...

And yeah for FORCE_DOWNLOAD it should be clearly documented if it's used this
or that way.

--
Andrew "ruskie" Levstik

Key id = 9A5117F8
Key fingerprint = 6731 FEF2 99A8 4672 5962 69AB 3DAF DA67 9A51 17F8