sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] How to handle multi-version spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Jeremy Blosser (emrys)" <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] How to handle multi-version spells
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 06:25:15 -0500

On Aug 16, Eric Sandall [eric AT sandall.us] wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Aug 2005, Jeremy Blosser (emrys) wrote:
> > On May 13, Arwed von Merkatz [v.merkatz AT gmx.net] wrote:
> >> Ok, seems like most people agree with the way I proposed, so I'll write
> >> it up a little more formally and put it in the guru handbook.
> >> Sergey, I understand your concerns about auto-updating, but I believe
> >> (and others seem to agree) that the option for it is good as long as the
> >> spells default to not update automatically.
> >
> > I know you have been busy and I've needed this info for a few spells
> > recently so I went ahead and created a doc. Take a look at it and let me
> > know if it's ok or if it needs changes. I have it set to not published
> > right now so it won't show up to people just browsing the site.
> >
> > http://www.sourcemage.org/spell-multi_version
>
> I've updated for some of the Documentation Standards[0] I mentioned
> earlier. ;)

Ugh, Drupal doesn't let us do a diff between revisions?

The only thing I see that changed is linking all the spell file references,
which I guess is what you mean.

> If this is going under the Grimoire Team we may want the
> name to be "/grimoire-spell_multi_version".

Well, I wasn't sure if we wanted to put this under 'guru handbook' or
'spell writing handbook'. It deals with writing spells, but everything
under 'spell writing handbook' now appears to be a spell file.