sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Udev new configuration stuff

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Flavien Bridault <flavien.bridault AT free.fr>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Udev new configuration stuff
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 16:18:40 +0200

Le samedi 23 avril 2005 à 14:39 +0200, Arwed von Merkatz a écrit :
> On Sat, Apr 23, 2005 at 12:23:52PM +0200, Flavien Bridault wrote:
> > Hi people,
> >
> > Abouter and me have moved the old udev.rules file
> > in /etc/udev/rules.d/50-default.rules in devel. Don't be afraid, all
> > should be done *magically* in the spell and you should not have nothing
> > to do except to cast the spell.
>
> It worked fine the first time I cast it, which was still udev 056. Then
> I updated my grimoire and cast it again for 057, which lead to my own
> rules being lost, as the 056 cast tracked the alocal.rules. This file
> shouldn't be tracked.
> Other than that it worked nicely, good work :)

Yes this problem should be resolved now in devel. alocal.rules was
installed (in INSTALL) only if /etc/udev/udev.rules exists... So it was
the first time, but the second it was deleted by dispel and
as /etc/udev/udev.rules were moved, were not installed again. I so
decided with Arwed to put this stuff in FINAL. So alocal.rules (now
named 00-local.rules to follow the naming scheme) will no longer be
tracked by sorcery, but this will prevent this problem.

Please note, that on the contrary as I said previously, spell should
install 10-<spell>.rules file instead of 00-<spell>.rules because we
want local rules in 00-local.rules to have the priority.