sm-discuss - Re: Updated X.org in devel; was: [SM-Discuss] x86-64 arch specfile not x86-64

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Flavien Bridault <f.bridault AT fra.net>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Updated X.org in devel; was: [SM-Discuss] x86-64 arch specfile not x86-64
  • Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 23:16:26 +0200

Le mercredi 06 avril 2005 à 13:37 -0500, sergey AT optimaltec.com a écrit :
> Actually, I was about to ask for volunteers. Could somebody *not* on 64-bit
> platform test the today's xorg spell from devel grimoire? As the HISTORY
> says,
> it's creating a dynamic server (that loads shared object files) that uses
> libc's loader (standard loader used in Linux) rather than X's own loader
> (which
> will probably be deprecated sometime).
> If you have binary ATI or NVIDIA drivers, please test with and without
> those,
> separately.
> Thank you!
>
> Quoting Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>:
>
> > Quoting sergey AT optimaltec.com:
> > <snip>
> > > I probably had some component enabled that you didn't have. My build
> > process
> > > complained about unlinkable relocation types that happen if PIC option
> > > is
> > > removed (as it was in xorg). Now, I'm testing xorg with PIC and glibc
> > loader
> > > instead of X's own module loader (MakeDllmodules YES). From wiki.x.org,
> > this
> > > appears to be preferred configuration now.
> >
> > If that works for you should the other archs test and see about moving to
> > the
> > "new" method?

Compiled here, and works fine with module nvidia.
I'm very sorry but I forgot to change my host.def to compile nv module.
I will try again to compile it with nv module, to see if it works.

Oh, I almost forgot, I saw a strange message right at the end of
installation, just the line before compile log creation :

cp: cannot stat
`programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/drm/kernel/*.ko': No such
file or directory

Is it serious, doctor ?
--
Flavien Bridault