sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] x86-64 arch specfile not x86-64

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] x86-64 arch specfile not x86-64
  • Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 21:05:37 -0500

David Michael Leo Brown Jr. wrote:
|>I have a pure 64-bit system without multilib too. I also made a full
sorcery
|>rebuild, which was successful with devel grimoire. All fixes are
submitted to
|>their respective spells. I will be integrating them into test soon.
|

| I have several additions to spells that need them, ie nvidia_driver,
jdk1.5-bin
| do you have those done yet?
I've done jdk1.5-amd64-bin it's in a little grimoire I threw together

http://shlrm.org/x86_64.tar.bz2

| My install process was a little different... I installed the iso then
booted to
| it, however, when I started to compile stuff bash failed and I had to use
| bash.static to compile the dependancies of bash then compile bash manually
| to then get bash installed properly, then basesystem compiled fine, I
recompiled
| everything in basesystem about 3 times before I was satisfied that it was
| working. So I still have separate lib and lib64 dirs. I still added
| --disable-multilib to glibc gcc g++ and gcc-cvs ;)

I cannot get glibc or gcc to build perhaps I need to add the
- --disable-multilib. Although, it looks more like assembler errors on
mine. :(

| I didn't have that and X compiled fine I don't know if it's because of
the lib
| links thing or what... and it starts fine too, I'm using xfce4.2 right
now.
I could not get anything other than xorg to build, I've tried fluxbox,
kde, and xfce.

|>There are several spells that misbehave on 64-bit system. Some has bad
assembler
|>inside, some don't recognize the archspecs, etc. Some are easily fixable,
|>others... I have no idea.
My glibc, gcc and g++ all appear to have some sort of assembler errors.
I don't understand it at all.

| But that's the report from Dave's House on the x86-64 progress ;)

Another report from another Dave :)

- -David Kowis

- --
One login to rule them all, one login to find them. One login to bring
them all, and in the web bind them.
http://shlrm.org
http://www.zoominfo.com/DavidKowis
http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidkowis