sm-discuss - Re: Updated X.org in devel; was: [SM-Discuss] x86-64 arch specfile not x86-64

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: sergey AT optimaltec.com
  • To: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Updated X.org in devel; was: [SM-Discuss] x86-64 arch specfile not x86-64
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 10:41:50 -0500

I'm not enthusiastic about making this thing optional because we never
actually
had a static server. What the spell was doing is removing "-fPIC -DPIC" from
C*FLAGS and that's it. It doesn't lead to static server being built, which I
found out the hard way on AMD64. So, in order to truly make an option of
dynamic vs static X server, I have to do more research in the non-existent X
documentation and on the 'net.