sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO testing 2.6.9-ntpl-test2

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Benoit PAPILLAULT <benoit.papillault AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO testing 2.6.9-ntpl-test2
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:33:18 +0100

Andrew a écrit :
On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 09:55:59AM +0100, Benoit PAPILLAULT wrote:

Eric Schabell a ?crit :

Howdy ISO makers!

Was talking with you on irc yesterday about testing this iso for
installing with usb storage and scsi cdrom enabled laptop.

[cut]

This has bitten several users before [0], hotplug will not save you since
the users ive talked to cant get past the initrd menu since the keyboard
doesnt work! I would suggest just using the suggested patch and just
putting usb controller + keyboard support directly in the kernel. Things
like keyboard support really should NOT be outside the kernel in
module-land, its just asking for trouble.

We were talking about USB CDROM device, not USB keyboards. So, your reply is out of topic.

Benoit PAPILLAULT, ISO guru