sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO testing 2.6.9-ntpl-test2

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Benoit PAPILLAULT <benoit.papillault AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO testing 2.6.9-ntpl-test2
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 09:55:59 +0100

Eric Schabell a écrit :
Howdy ISO makers!

Was talking with you on irc yesterday about testing this iso for
installing with usb storage and scsi cdrom enabled laptop.
Results == zero

This iso also contains no usb modules (if it is static then I don't see
it detecting anything usb...).

Thanks anyway and hope to see an iso with the provided (on irc
yesterday) usb options included in static/module form.

erics

USB modules are on the ISO. However, they are not part of the inird (and thus do not appear on the initrd menu) to reduce the initrd size. USB modules should be automatically loaded by hotplug (which is started before the installater menu). I tested here with a USB mass storage device and usb-storage kernel module was properly and automatically loaded. The test has been done using uhci (in vmware).

What is your USB controller type? UHCI, OHCI or EHCI?
Can you send us the dmesg output once the ISO has booted?

Benoit PAPILLAULT, ISO guru