sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] New sections [Was: New archive and perl-cpan maintainer]

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] New sections [Was: New archive and perl-cpan maintainer]
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 08:42:12 -0800

Quoting Thomas Houssin <thomas.houssin AT gmail.com>:
<snip>
> So we have several ideas to split the utils section :
>
> - PAM section : all pam stuff (section I more or less volunteered to
> take care of ;-) )
> - shellutils : coreutils, file, grep/sed/gawk, less, rl, which, mktemp,
> etc. (Jeremy Blosser is interested in this one)
> - admin tools : sudo installwatch... ?
> - daemons : at, crons, syslogs, etc (Jeremy Blosser is interested in
> this one too)
> - the rest in utils...
>
> Does this seems a good idea to everybody ? Other ideas ?

Looks fine to me, though utils looks like it'll still be a catch-all and
rather
large while some of the sections (admintools, don't have spaces in section
names ;)) will be fairly small. Do we have problems with small sections? Are
there any other items we can/will add to the admintools section?

-sandalle