sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] New sections [Was: New archive and perl-cpan maintainer]

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Houssin <thomas.houssin AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] New sections [Was: New archive and perl-cpan maintainer]
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 13:06:43 +0100

Ladislav Hagara wrote:

We could have all linux-pam, linux-pam-headers and

pam_* spells in pam ;

(by the way, about pam, there's a lot af pam plugins we could have

spells for, on http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/modules.html or

on freshmeat ;) )

I very like this idea.
Salute to our PAM guru . :-)
Section pam or probably better security-pam.

I would like to see new section python or devel-python.
Personally I would rename perl-cpan and php-pear to devel-perl and
devel-php.
Gentoo-portage can be inspiring for us
http://mirror.hamakor.org.il/pub/mirrors/gentoo-portage/

- lace -

So we have several ideas to split the utils section :

- PAM section : all pam stuff (section I more or less volunteered to
take care of ;-) )
- shellutils : coreutils, file, grep/sed/gawk, less, rl, which, mktemp,
etc. (Jeremy Blosser is interested in this one)
- admin tools : sudo installwatch... ?
- daemons : at, crons, syslogs, etc (Jeremy Blosser is interested in
this one too)
- the rest in utils...

Does this seems a good idea to everybody ? Other ideas ?

--
Thomas Houssin

Key ID = 42404C36
Key fingerprint = 3CB8 3FC4 840D B272 E623 BCB8 54DB F4E3 4240 4C36
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x42404C36