sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] udev.permissions

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Flavien Bridault <f.bridault AT fra.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] udev.permissions
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 15:40:15 +0100

Le Samedi 12 Février 2005 15:24, Jason Flatt a écrit :
> On Saturday 12 February 2005 02:59 am, Flavien Bridault wrote:
> > It seems that several people are not aware of the new configure stuff and
> > think the >0.50 versions are buggy....
> > I think we should add a comment at the end of install, perhaps during a
> > month or two.... And also copy the new udev.rules in /etc/udev/udev.rules
> > I can take care of that if needed.
>
> What about for someone who does an update after not doing one for a month
> and the information blends in with all the other updates that are done and
> scrolls off the screen while s/he's busy not paying attention? I think for
> something that serious, it should go in the PREPARE file, possibly with a
> pause that requires a response, so they know about it before the cast
> begins.
Mmmm.... Yes it should be better... You're obviously right... But you wanted
to say PRE_BUILD, don't you ? Since afaik PREPARE no longer exists in
BUILD_API 2 ??

How can I do this properly ?? Ask the user if is right for updating udev,
with
default to no ?? How can I exit the spell properly ??
--
Flavien Bridault
Source Mage GNU/Linux - Disk Guru

IRC : vlaaad