sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] RFC 'gaze what <something>'

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Geoffrey Derber <gderber AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: Discuss SM <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] RFC 'gaze what <something>'
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 09:51:48 -0500

There have been many instances where I've been wondering, what installs
a specific program. There are many spells that installs multiple
programs, for example, kdeutils installs:

/usr/bin/ark
/usr/bin/irkick
/usr/bin/kcalc
/usr/bin/kcharselect
/usr/bin/kdessh
/usr/bin/kdf
/usr/bin/kedit
/usr/bin/kfloppy
/usr/bin/kgpg
/usr/bin/khexedit
/usr/bin/kjots
/usr/bin/klaptop_acpi_helper
/usr/bin/klaptop_check
/usr/bin/kregexpeditor
/usr/bin/ktimer
/usr/bin/kwalletmanager
/usr/bin/kwikdisk

Looking at our grimoire, If I wanted to know which spell installed kgpg
for instance there would be no way to know currently. I'm thinking
there has got to be a way to let a user know what spell installs that
application.
--
Geoffrey Derber
General Guru