sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Games grimoire guidelines

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Andrew \"ruskie\" Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Games grimoire guidelines
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:07:18 +0100

OK here goes it:

I was thinking something about games and it dawned on me that some sort of
versions should be available since some games break or branch out under the
same name
and the old ones are still playable and updated...
So I came up with a little idea...
Well not my idea really just a swipe from all various source based pkg
managers.
Simply we install the game into it's own dir in
/usr/share/games/$SPELL-$VERSION
and then link the binaries into /usr/games or make launcher scripts(which I
would prefer)
For this to happen there would be need to modify some paths but it should
work.
The reason is that atm bzflag1 is still being played a lot
while there is already a bzflag2 version out there. I plan to split this
spell into a bzflag and a bzflag2 spell which don't conflict with eachother.

Comments, suggestions, questions just reply here... /dev/flames > /dev/null

--
Andrew "ruskie" Levstik

For all the knowledge... || URL: http://ruskie.pixelcarnage.com
I will prevail... || ICQ: 321223361
If I fail nothing is left... || MSN: ruskie_0 AT yahoo.co.uk
All is lost... || Jabber: ruskie AT jabber.org
Never to be seen again... || Yahoo!: ruskie_0
Nevermore...

EtPan! - nicest email client I have seen -
http://libetpan.sourceforge.net/etpan

Key ID = 32FE2034
Key fingerprint = EF36 041B E2A5 4E6F 7B3E 6B45 C0F2 E234 32FE 2034