sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Games grimoire guidelines

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Games grimoire guidelines
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:20:35 -0800

Quoting "Andrew \"ruskie\" Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>:
> Well finnaly found a few minutes to write this up...
>

> Here's a set of rules to follow when playing around with the games grimoire:
> 1. Unless there is some special reason for a section to be maintained by a
> single
> user which will be specified in the MAINTAINER section file *ALL* the
> sections
> and spells are free to be messed about by anyone with access(so far
> specific users
> and I want all the general gurus to have access as well)
>

> 2. Current priorities for the games grimoire:
> - Rename all UP-case spells to lo-case
> - Switch spells to build api 2
> - reorganize the games to follow a more proper grouping(this atm is the
> least
> of all the priorities and shall be further discused in a few months
> when
> the
> other two things are done)
>

> 3. We're always looking for more games so if you find any
>

> a) write a spell, submit it to bugzilla and have it assinged to
> games AT sourcemage.org
>

> b) put the game with full link to the site and license to the following
> wiki page
> http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=Missing+Games
> and someone will do it if and when there is some time
> If you write a spell chances are the game will be in the grimoire within
> 14 days
>

> 4. Dependencies
> If you have any dependencies please write spells for them as well if
> needed and also
> check if a dependency belongs under games-libs or under normal grimoire
> i.e. is used by some other apps as well(i.e. sdl which is also used by
> mplayer and such)
>

> I think that summons it up from me
>

> suggestions, constructive comments should be directed back here... flames
> belong in /dev/null

Should all games install binaries and directories owned by root:games with
permissions 0750? That way the games group in /etc/groups will actually have
the meaning it should. :) Perhaps even setgid +x for the binaries so they're
run as the games user and files (such as high scores) are owned properly?

-sandalle