sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] network

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: Discuss-list <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] network
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:22:32 -0700

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 01:58:05PM +0200, Bas van Gils wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm doing a fresh install of sourcemage on my work box and : so far so good.
> Only thing that's giving me a headache so far is the network. Actually:
>
> telinit run network start
>
> works fine every time... However,
>
> telinit run network stop
>
> (which is called when I halt / reboot my box) isn't going to smoothly. It
> takes a lot of time and spawns messages like this:
>
> unregister_netdevice: waiting for eth0 te become free. Usage count = 6
>
> And sometimes during a shutdown I get some IOCTL-messages that I do not
> understand and that do not stay on screen long enough for me to read
> completely / copy-paste to this mail.
>
> Anyone know how to fix this?

That sounds like a driver problem to me, the module is having trouble
getting unloaded or cleaning up after itself in some. Can you try ifconfig
eth0 down, then rmmod the module (if there is one)?

-Andrew

|Andrew D. Stitt | astitt at sourcemage.org |
|irc: afrayedknot | afrayedknot at t.armory.com |
|aim: thefrayedknot or iteratorplusplus | |
|Sorcery Team Lead, Porting Team Lead | |
|Grimoire Guru ham/smgl | ftp://t.armory.com |
|Author and Maintainer of Prometheus | |