sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Marketing SMGL: How do you use SMGL?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: Jaanus Heeringson <jaanus AT heeringson.com>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Marketing SMGL: How do you use SMGL?
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 10:33:08 -0700

Quoting Jaanus Heeringson <jaanus AT heeringson.com>:
> Sorry about dissappearing for a while. Big deadline coming up in a few
> weeks.

No problem, life happens. :)

> While I finish up my project you might take the time to fill in this
> very simple survey of how you use SMGL. The intention of this is to give
> us a better understanding of how SMGL is used and for what purposes, and
> the result will have an impact on the marketing plan I'm working on.
>
> 1. Do you use SMGL for personal purposes, professional or both?
Both.

8

> 3. What is the main function of your SMGL box(es)? Desktop or server?
> What kind of server?
Desktop, with a few servers (ssh/sftp, http/s, rsync, mail)

> 4. Why did you choose SMGL?
I was fascinated by the idea of compiling everything from source, and (at the
time) Sorcerer looked like the best. Then the split came and I stayed with the
community, since it's the most friendly I've found.

> 5. What do you miss in SMGL?
Versioning support (biggest complaint I get; I don't really care) and the
SPARC
port I'm working on.

> 6. Do you work with Linux professionally?
Yes.

> If some of you might find this a bit intrusive or want to answer
> anonymously, please notify me. I'm considering converting this to a more
> detailed web-based survey, but since that won't happend in the near
> future, this will have to do meanwhile.

Thanks for working on this. :)

-sandalle