sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Marketing SMGL: How do you use SMGL?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Ladislav Hagara <hgr AT vabo.cz>
  • To: Jaanus Heeringson <jaanus AT heeringson.com>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Marketing SMGL: How do you use SMGL?
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 12:20:01 +0200

> 1. Do you use SMGL for personal purposes, professional or both?

Both.

> 2. How many installations do you have?

Two permanent.
When I need I can use another ones. For example when I test new install iso.

> 3. What is the main function of your SMGL box(es)? Desktop or server?

1 desktop, 1 server

> What kind of server?

ftp, http, wiki, ssh
Linux box for my students.

> 4. Why did you choose SMGL?

Really up to date distro.
I was not able to install new versions of software products on binary
distros.
Binary distros are up to date no more than twice a year.

I can update my SMGL box four times a day. :-))
And it is "MY" distro. :-))

> 5. What do you miss in SMGL?

Versioning support.
Install iso with all "essential" sources so users can try it without
connection to internet.
Binary support, binary install iso. I really do not need it but it can
attract new users.

> 6. Do you work with Linux professionally?

Yes, but not working only teaching. :-))

- lace -