sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Marketing SMGL: How do you use SMGL?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jackson Alley <jalley AT toomanymirrors.homelinux.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Marketing SMGL: How do you use SMGL?
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 03:44:31 -0400

> > 1. Do you use SMGL for personal purposes, professional or both?

Personal and professional and educational

> > 2. How many installations do you have?

I have 3 workstations

> > 3. What is the main function of your SMGL box(es)? Desktop or server?
> > What kind of server?

Desktop mainly, one is a newbie's desktop which runs a lot of wine apps for
her school, and my desktop also has an email server and ssh server.

> > 4. Why did you choose SMGL?

First and formost I must say the IRC channnel, then of course I was looking
for the control that source based distro's provide but I also loved that much
of the package mangment was easiest enough for me to do most things. Basicly
I just have found that sourcemage made sense to me in ways that other
distro's just have gotten complicated.

> > 5. What do you miss in SMGL?

I personally think that SMGL provides everything I am looking for in my linux
distro, it is in active development and has a great team. There are many
things that excite me for the future but I'm not really after perfection.

> > 6. Do you work with Linux professionally?

when I work :)
Jackson Alley (TooManyMirrors) <jalley AT toomanymirrors.homelinux.com>
GPG EA6C442A233C3611 49FB A47D 9245 AF82 88BE FF57 EA6C 442A 233C 3611
SourceMage GNU/Linux Guru www.sourcemage.org