sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Source Mage Alpha ISO

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Jose Bernardo Silva" <jbs AT bandos.homelinux.com>
  • To: David Kowis <dkowis+smdiscuss AT shlrm.org>
  • Cc: Casey Harkins <charkins AT upl.cs.wisc.edu>, sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Source Mage Alpha ISO
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 15:34:03 +0000

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 06:36:08 -0500, David Kowis wrote
> Yeah, that's my goal. So theoretically if i change BUILD_ROOT to
> something else
> (/opt/alpha) and do a sorcery rebuild, then everything new should be
> built into there so that later if I were to chroot to /opt/alpha it
> would look like: /usr /bin /etc right? so that I would have another
> filesystem there for my use on the cd. Or would devfs and the others
> that mount automagically be much harder to recreate on the cd? I
> don't know of anything that will compile arm stuff. That sounds
> pretty cool though. Sourcemage on PDA. PDAMage? It's 0639 and I'm
> all fuzzy. I should never be allowed to come to work this early.
> they should make dr pepper free, because i don't drink coffee.

As for changing BUILD_ROOT - all you have to do is to change the cross-
compile option in sorcery, followed by choosing the build and target
architectures, and the optimizations. But that is just the start - now you
have to create a /opt/cross-compile/arch/var structure (so that sorcery can
store logs, packages installed, etc.); after all that, maybe you could
chroot there IF your CPU could run the code you generated - not exactly the
expected result when cross-compiling, one wants the code to be executable by
the target CPU.
As for PDAMage, I'm not really expecting being able to compile the system on
my Zaurus; all I want is being able to generate packages for it in a easier
form than the current OpenZaurus buildroot. Ah, and not having to use
bitkeeper also would be a bonus - OZ buildroot is available as a daily
snapshot or by using bitkeeper.

---
Jose Bernardo B R Silva | Source Mage GNU/Linux Section Guru
jbernardo AT sourcemage.org | http://www.sourcemage.org
http://counter.li.org #245602
http://cosmos.oninetspeed.pt/jose.bernardo
jbs AT bandos.homelinux.com