sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Source Mage Alpha ISO

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Casey Harkins <charkins AT upl.cs.wisc.edu>
  • To: David Kowis <dkowis+smdiscuss AT shlrm.org>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Source Mage Alpha ISO
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 16:04:14 -0500 (CDT)

Nor does it describe how to really create a working x86 iso either! I've
had to put my iso experimentation on hold, but if anyone else has anything
they'd like to add to the wiki[1], feel free.

As for creating an Alpha ISO, I have no clue. However, you'd need a
working Alpha SourceMage system to create the initial image.tar.bz2 for
the iso. Perhaps installing another Alpha Linux distribution to bootstrap
a SourceMage installation would be easier. Is anyone running SourceMage on
an Alpha?

-casey

[1]http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=Installation+ISO+Creation+Outline