sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Fwd: New Thread: Time to cap grimoires?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Geoffrey Derber <Geoffrey.Derber AT Trinity.edu>
  • To: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Fwd: New Thread: Time to cap grimoires?
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 16:18:24 -0500

Eric Sandall wrote:
Eric Womack said:

No, they will just be grimoires you can add with 'scribe add
<grimoire>',
as scribe defaults to appending ' from
http://codex.sourcemage.org/<grimoire>.tar.bz2'

-sandalle

Just to throw two more of my cents, I fully support the idea of a
z-rejected/binary only grimoire - but only one version, perhaps? Not a
full
devel/test/stable setup as it seems too much for someone to attend to.

Absolutely! I was hoping that it was implied, but I guess I should have
mentioned that explicitly. ;) Same with the 'games' grimoire if/when
that is done.

-sandalle

I'm all for moving z-rejected into it's own grimoire. I've been for it for months. For that particular section, I felt, if we're going to reject something, either completely move it out of the main grimoire so that the user makes a conscous effort to have them available through a scribe add, or to just add the warning message and integrate them into the main grimoire, not set them off to the side. In other words, all or nothing, with preference given to all. A second reason for moving it out had to do with the fact that it mirrored the main grimoire so well. Spells from every other part of the grimoire were appearing, and by making it a grimoire, we could add multiple sections with in it for where each spell would belong if they were not rejected.

Anyways, if we're going to do this, let me know, and I'll begin work on setting it up as a grimoire.

Geoff