sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Having fun with SourceMage!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Duane Macolm <d.malcolm AT auckland.ac.nz>
  • To: eric AT sandall.us
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Having fun with SourceMage!
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 13:46:25 +1300

I think this is similar to how the phoenix browser is released. The phoenix developers have set milestones for each release and set approximate dates on each release, which they don't strictly adhere to. For example, for the 0.1-0.4 releases, a release day was specified (some were missed) and for the 0.5 release November was the release date, yet it wasn't released until December. The link below gives a great illustration of this...

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/phoenix/phoenix-roadmap.html

I like this method because it breaks goals into managable tasks.

Duane.

Eric Sandall wrote:

Casey Harkins said:

I agree with this. Keep the grimoires and sorcery moving independent of
each other. I understand this was a problem in the push to 1.0 as new
sorcery features required spell modifications, but this is mostly taken
care of.

As far as release dates for sorcery, I agree with Dufflebank that we
should still have release dates, but maybe they shouldn't be so rigid.
Choose a target date, and adjust as the date draws closer.

-casey

Perhaps have Milestones, but without dates attached? Or maybe just
general ideas, like "Summer of 2003", or "Autumn 2009", etcetera? Once we
get closer to those dates, then we can narrow down to the month, perhaps
even the day, then if we need more time, we can extend those, but still
try to keep it within the Milestone timeline.

-One of Four
a.k.a. sandalle