sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Having fun with SourceMage!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Phil White <cerise AT littlegreenmen.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Having fun with SourceMage!
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 18:05:17 -0800

Ok, I guess I've been using SM for somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 months.

From what I've seen, even in stable, there are spells which don't cast for one
reason or another. There's still the whole matter of molasses-y slow file
locking,
sorting, and /tmp seems to always be full of sorcery.* files or locklist* or
some
other sorcery generated files.

Source Mage, at this point, seems like it's _miles_ away from 1.0. Pushing
for
1.0 is only going to aggravate the problems.

Every now and then Andrew and I get into arguments about Source Mage where his
only defense is to say "Well, it's still in development. It's not 1.0 yet."

That doesn't excuse some of the more interesting problems of course, but if
you're
going to inflict a distribution on the world, at least make it a reasonably
good
FCS. Have everything tested and working AOK.

-Phil/CERisE