sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Having fun with SourceMage!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Casey Harkins <charkins AT upl.cs.wisc.edu>
  • To: Mark Andrews <msasgl AT msa-enterprises.com>
  • Cc: Eric Schabell <eschabell AT sourcemage.org>, <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Having fun with SourceMage!
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 11:50:29 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Mark Andrews wrote:
> ES> Aside of the matter of who leads what, I would like to make a proposal
> that
> ES> we drop the drive for a 1.0 release and the whole idea that we want to
> push
> ES> for a distribution that MUST have releases and release dates.
>
> Maybe we should just drop spells from the 1.0 release..
>
> In other words we keep pushing for a 1.0 sorcery (including cauldron),
> but exclude the grimoires from point releases so they can be kept
> updated.
>
> So instead of a "SourceMage 1.0 ISO", we get a "SourceMage yy/mm/dd ISO
> featuring Sorcery 1.0" that has the stable grimoire at yy/mm/dd..
>
> Just a thought...

I agree with this. Keep the grimoires and sorcery moving independent of
each other. I understand this was a problem in the push to 1.0 as new
sorcery features required spell modifications, but this is mostly taken
care of.

As far as release dates for sorcery, I agree with Dufflebank that we
should still have release dates, but maybe they shouldn't be so rigid.
Choose a target date, and adjust as the date draws closer.

-casey