sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] sorcery update <-> system-update

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Geoffrey Derber <Geoffrey.Derber AT Trinity.Edu>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] sorcery update <-> system-update
  • Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 14:09:14 -0500

In that case, shouldn't 'scribe update' actually update all the software
on the system except for sorcery rather that just downloading an updated
grimoire w/o the installation, and 'scribe queue' rather than 'sorcery
queue'. Some other command for just downloading the updated grimoire.
Basically scribe doing everything related to the grimoire, and sorcery
doing everything elated to sorcery, with the one exception being
'sorcery system-update' which would be the same as calling scribe update
followed by socrery update.

Geoff