sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] sorcery update <-> system-update

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Sergey A Lipnevich <sergeyli AT pisem.net>
  • To: Nick Jennings <nkj AT namodn.com>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] sorcery update <-> system-update
  • Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 14:30:28 -0400

Nick Jennings wrote:

So I personally deliberated over this after not getting much of a response,
and decided that this is the logical way to issue the commands.
scribe controls the grimoire. You run scribe update to update the
grimoires. sorcery controls the scripts. You run sorcery update to update the scripts.

We need `scribe update-and-install-updated-spells' then, with a shorter name and functionality of `sorcery system-update'. And `sorcery system-update' has to be deprecated.

- Nick