sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] sorcery update <-> system-update

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Eric Sandall" <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] sorcery update &lt;-&gt; system-update
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 11:32:00 -0700 (PDT)

> Nick Jennings wrote:
>
>> So I personally deliberated over this after not getting much of a
>> response, and decided that this is the logical way to issue the
>> commands.
>>
>> scribe controls the grimoire. You run scribe update to update the
>> grimoires. sorcery controls the scripts. You run sorcery update to
>> update the scripts.
>>
> We need `scribe update-and-install-updated-spells' then, with a shorter
> name and functionality of `sorcery system-update'. And `sorcery
> system-update' has to be deprecated.

Why?

I think the system works fine as it is, especially since not everyone can
be pleased. Some like it this way, some don't, most don't care. Same
with any other naming convention we use. Since any way we do it we'll
make someone unhappy, why don't we just leave it as the Sorcery Team has
decided? That's why we put them there in the first place, to make the end
decisions like this, after input from us (and if we don't give them input,
then they can do whatever they want, within reason ;)).

In short, I like the way it is, it makes sense to me.

-One of Four
a.k.a. sandalle

--
Eric Sandall | Source Mage GNU/Linux