sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] sorcery update <-> system-update

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Sergey A Lipnevich <sergeyli AT pisem.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] sorcery update <-> system-update
  • Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 11:59:28 -0400

Hi All,

If I understand correctly, what used to be `sorcery update' is now
`sorcery system-update', while `update' option only updates sorcery
scripts. I'd like to suggest switching these, so that well-known
behavior is preserved. Also, the longer option name is more suitable for
less frequently used case. I update grimoires much more frequently than
I update sorcery (except for these tumultuous days of new sorcery
releases ;-) ). Finally, I'm probably missing something because I can't
attend Sunday meetings, but why are such options introduced without
prior consideration?
Thanks!

Sergey.