sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] New init scripts for testing and feedback

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: nealbirch <nealbirch AT attbi.com>
  • To: Damien Mascord <tusker AT tusker.org>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] New init scripts for testing and feedback
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 21:32:50 -0400

Damien Mascord wrote:

functions are bad because when you copy an init script over from another distro, you have a hell of a time "adapting" the init.d script to the particular distro or OS...

but that's a side issue :)

If you have a script you want me to look at, send it on over. It's not that hard to convert once you start looking at them, though the reason I left redhat (for instance) was that their init scripts gave me a headache...

--
"You can fool some of the people all of the time
--and those are the ones you have to concentrate on!"