sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] New init scripts for testing and feedback

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: nealbirch <nealbirch AT attbi.com>
  • To: Jose Bernardo Silva <josebernardo1 AT yahoo.com>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] New init scripts for testing and feedback
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 12:47:52 -0400

Jose Bernardo Silva wrote:
Their changelog has for some time that the detection
of the asus as99127f has now been fixed (in cvs) and
will be in the next version, so I think they are aware
of the problem... But have no release date yet for the
2.6.5 version.

Great. Have to snag what's off cvs, I guess. Mine shows the 2 temp's right, but 2 fans and one temp are way off.

There is an issue for this and other spells that when cast put init scripts where they belong; whether to copy the default script or the function-using scripts. Shouldn't be hard, though, we can add something like:

if [ -f /etc/init.d/functions ]; then
install -m 755 $SCRIPT_DIRECTORY/script-w.sh /etc/init.d/script.sh
else
install -m 755 $SCRIPT_DIRECTORY/script-wo.sh /etc/init.d/script.sh
fi

with the appropriate scripts (w = with functions, wo = without) in the $SCRIPT_DIRECTORY.

--
"You can fool some of the people all of the time
--and those are the ones you have to concentrate on!"