sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] New init scripts for testing and feedback

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Damien Mascord <tusker AT tusker.org>
  • To: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] New init scripts for testing and feedback
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 08:18:11 +0800

.

functions are bad because when you copy an init script over from another distro, you have a hell of a time "adapting" the init.d script to the particular distro or OS...

but that's a side issue :)

Damien

At 12:24 PM 17/09/2002 -0700, you wrote:

nealbirch said:
> Jose Bernardo Silva wrote:
>> Their changelog has for some time that the detection
>> of the asus as99127f has now been fixed (in cvs) and
>> will be in the next version, so I think they are aware
>> of the problem... But have no release date yet for the
>> 2.6.5 version.
>
> Great. Have to snag what's off cvs, I guess. Mine shows the 2 temp's
> right, but 2 fans and one temp are way off.
>
> There is an issue for this and other spells that when cast put init
> scripts where they belong; whether to copy the default script or the
> function-using scripts. Shouldn't be hard, though, we can add something
> like:
>
> if [ -f /etc/init.d/functions ]; then
> install -m 755 $SCRIPT_DIRECTORY/script-w.sh /etc/init.d/script.sh else
> install -m 755 $SCRIPT_DIRECTORY/script-wo.sh /etc/init.d/script.sh fi
>
> with the appropriate scripts (w = with functions, wo = without) in the
> $SCRIPT_DIRECTORY.

If there are two versions of the script available, shouldn't we just use
the functions script? Why would we want to use the other script? That'll
just make a mess later on, and I see no benefit to doing this. What's
wrong with functions?

-One of Four
a.k.a. sandalle

eric AT sandall.us | http://www.sourcemage.org