permaculture - Re: [permaculture] [OT] My Vision of the Future (now!)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Georg Parlow <g.parlow@gmx.at>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] [OT] My Vision of the Future (now!)
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 09:58:48 +0200

Lawrence,

I seem to have a history of phrasing my posts in a way that inveites you to
misunderstand them.

Of course broadscale birthcontrol it is a great idea - but it is an idea, not
a solution, because the only thing we can actually DO about this is
refraining from having offspring ourselves (too late for me :-)). How can any
of us start working on controlling billions of people’s propagation
behaviour? When I say it is a pipe dream, I mean this is people sitting in a
room (in front of their computers) talking about ideas they are unable to
implement.

Same goes for redistribution of wealth - the community or Mondragon idea is
great, and it is actually a solution because we can actually start doing
steps in this direction (and are currently doing this). But this is about
distributed creation of wealth, not about redistribution of (existing)
wealth. To state that "redistribution of wealth" is "my starting point
priority" is BS, unless I move my ass and actually start executing my
priority - which is when it becomes obvious that I cannot do that. So it is a
pipedream once again. Hot air about what others should do.