permaculture - Re: [permaculture] [OT] My Vision of the Future (now!)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] [OT] My Vision of the Future (now!)
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 19:15:08 -0400

On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 6:28 PM, joao pedro goncalves <joaovox@gmail.com>
wrote:

> So we need another word to express the sum of "nature+humans" perhaps
> Cosmos?

Macro or Micro Cosmos?
Both. It is all one.
By all means see the video Microcosmos, made on a farm in France in fields,
pastures woodlands and wetlands.
It is one of the very best movies ever made, a Classic.
Microcosmos
*Microcosmos* (original title *Microcosmos : Le peuple de l'herbe* —
Microcosmos: The grass people) is a 1996 documentary film
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Documentary_film> by Claude Nuridsany and
Marie Pérennou and produced by Jacques Perrin
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Perrin>. Set to the music of Bruno
Coulais <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruno_Coulais>, this film is
primarily a record of detailed interactions between insects and other small
invertebrates.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microcosmos_(film)
buy the video from Amazon for $10
https://www.amazon.com/Microcosmos-Kristin-Scott-Thomas/dp/B0000DZ3BS
Product Description
MICROCOSMOS captures the fun and adventure of a spectacular hidden universe
revealed in a breathtaking, close-up view unlike anything you've ever seen!
Your family will marvel at a pair of stag beetles dueling like titans. The
kids will stare bug-eyed as a magnificent army of worker ants race to stock
their larder ... while tyring to avoid becoming a feisty pheasant's dinner.
And you'll have a front-row seat to witness an amazing transformation from
caterpillar to butterfly, the remarkable birth of a mosquito, and several
other minute miracles of life. With its tiny cast of thousands, MICROCOSMOS
leaves no doubt that "Mother Nature remains the greatest special effects
wizard of all" (New York Times).
Amazon.com
Using revolutionary cameras, the directors of this French film (with
minimal English-language narration) have made an amazing chronicle of the
insect world. There are at least a dozen fascinating, memorable images, and
the carnage is held to a minimum. Some favorites include a caterpillar
traffic jam, a frog's bout with a rain storm, and a bird that turns into
Godzilla for a bunch of ants. Then there's the snail mating scene that must
be seen to be believed. Great for families. *--Doug Thomas*

If you ever want to chill, this is the way to do it.

LL

--
Lawrence F. London
lfljvenaura@gmail.com