permaculture - Re: [permaculture] [OT] My Vision of the Future

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] [OT] My Vision of the Future
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2016 00:24:28 -0400

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 11:04 PM, <scott@permaculture.org> wrote:

> If you are worried about interference in third world countries then
> Hillary is your pick. Her interference in Honduras has created a monster
> dictatorship of mayhem. Her support of the Iraqi war That destroyed that
> country and ultimately Syria was unconscionable. This woman has never seen
> a war she didn't like.

You left out Libya, Gadaffi, the irrigation canal, the hitech weapons from
EU manufacturers, the billions in gold bricks, brown and root, revitalized
agriculture for libya-greening the desert with aquifer water from afar, the
pan african union, new currency and banking system.

> As far as financial finagling is concerned the USA is the master of the
> World Bank,

If this is true then it is shared now with England.

> and other development banks that destroy other countries and cultures by
> forcing them into debt through development loans for projects that support
> the ruling elites of the debtor nation while impoverishing its citizens.
> Hillary has never met a banker that she didn't like.
>
> Trump is just as narcissistic as Trump but smarter. Neither of them could
> run a school board let alone a country. Hillary and her hubby Bill became
> multi-millionaires through their service to this country and are looking
> for more from her presidency.

Most of us here have been aware of all you have said for a good while. It
is all over the Web, in every nook and cranny. Those of us who choose to
vote Democrat as the lesser of two evils (my apologies to Cthulhu for being
left out) may well have to fight being overcome with cognitive dissonance
in doing so.
This time not voting is not an option for those adhering to the liberal
agenda, much less the permaculture one. I refer you to the Bertold Brecht
saying again.
Voting for Trump gets you written off as a GOP pawn or worse, stooge. I
adhere to the Democratic party for its support of countries, our friends
who might
have to deal with the overtly evil expantionist empire building of Russia
(Putins thugs to be precise). I don't give a damn who the US elects to lead
the country as long as they continue support for our allies. This is rarely
talked about in the context of current election campaigning. Too often
straw man arguments dominate the debate..

All of us would prefer green candidates, Nader, Bernie, Green Party and all
the other candidates mentioned so far. In the current political climate the
cost of getting our people elected is, in practical terms, out of reach.
What should our vision of the future be in terms of political involvement
and progress in the political spectrum? What plan do we follow? One option
is presenting another Bernie candidate and glean more grass roots low
dollar campaign financing.
Convince people like me to vote that way instead of voting Clinton just to
prevent a Trump win, as I did.

--
Lawrence F. London
lfljvenaura@gmail.com