permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Earthships

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Earthships
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 20:59:55 -0400

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 8:43 PM, Toby Hemenway <toby@patternliteracy.com>
wrote:

> The feared toxic effects of living in a house with a tire wall are
> supposedly mitigated by a thick layer of plaster.

You should be able to use any number of waterproofing mortar products made
for wet basement walls with improper foundation drainage systems.
Bonsal is one of those products but I'll bet there are many of them in this
day and time. That material could be covered with some kind of plaster for
cosmetic appleal and more blocking toxics..

--
Lawrence F. London
lfljvenaura@gmail.com