permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Invisible Structures..or Irony ?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <toby@patternliteracy.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Invisible Structures..or Irony ?
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 16:55:23 -0700

On Jul 17, 2016, at 3:23 PM, Steve Hart <stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com> wrote:

> If Scrooge, Toby et all want
> nuts and bolts design and how to on pruning paw paw

What a wrongheaded and needlessly offensive thing to say. If you look at any
of my posts, they are all on philosophical, ethical, and theory-based
aspects—how to think about and apply permaculture design--and almost never on
nuts and bolts. And Declan post’s have been almost all been on invisible
structures. (Actual observation rather than prejudiced pigeonholing would be
required to notice this, though!)

One more time: I don’t want this list to be a dumping ground for _forwarded_
negative articles, petitions, political campaigns, etc, that require
ridiculous semantic conniptions to tie them to permaculture. But I welcome
_original_ thoughts on almost anything that a pemaculturist is thinking about.

I’m delighted with Joao’s last post, where he offers his own thoughts on
ethics. That’s more like it!

Toby
tobyhemenway.com

Just out: my new book on urban permaculture, The Permaculture City. Order it
at your favorite bookseller or get a signed copy from me at
http://tobyhemenway.com/book/the-permaculture-city/