permaculture - Re: [permaculture] 37 Million Bees Found Dead In Ontario, Canada After Planting Large GMO Corn Field | Organic Health

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John D'hondt" <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] 37 Million Bees Found Dead In Ontario, Canada After Planting Large GMO Corn Field | Organic Health
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 21:12:59 -0000

IMO the definition of science does not have to change just because many "scientists" these days are worse than prostitutes in that they sell their soul instead of just their bodies for money.
Years ago with the findings of the human genome project the "central dogma" of genetics was proven to be completely false. The scientists had expected to find about 150,000 different genes in the human genome and they found only some 25,000.
With that everything the gmo industry had claimed, such as "substantial equivalence", became pure BS and any real scientist should be able to see this. The proof is there for all to see and denying it is the same as hanging on to a flat Earth theory, un-scientific.
A white lab coat does not turn a prostitute into a scientist.
John

IMHO the problem with the current-day worship of what some call 'science' is, no one will believe it if someone else hasn't done it/proven it/killed 50,000 rats with it/ already. This is not the way to break new ground, because in addition to its horrible and inexcusable inhumanity, to adopt such a philosophy guarantees that one cannot be first to find out anything.

Many years ago, Science used to be synonymous with progress. Now IMO, 'science' has become more of a stultifying obstruction to progress.

My point is, IMO the definition of "Science" has to change. What we have right now is "Science Without Conscience" and "Science As A Slave To Big Business".

It is nowhere near the same.

Namaste,

Linda